A weekly rundown of all things API! At APImetrics, we love APIs and everything that makes the API Ecosystem what it is. Keep up to date, learn of new tech, or just get some good reading in!
- JSON and XML Content Error Reporting – One of the common problems we see with APIs is a HTTP 200 code, but a mobile app, in particular still has problem with the results.
- Cloud Platform IP Address Assignment cause Headaches – Companies that set up servers with popular cloud providers might assume that their IP addresses will be associated with the countries those providers’ data centers are located in, but that isn’t always the case.
From Around the Web:
- StreamData.io Turns APIs from Standard to Streaming – Motwin announces it has raised 1 million US dollars from all its long-standing investors to help launch its new product Streamdata.io.
- RAML Founder Talks API Industry – RAML Founder Talks About the API Industry: Governance, Technology, and Acquisitions
- How APIs are Improving Publishing Efficiency – Emma Barnes discussed how APIs are being used in the publishing industry to improve data integrity and improve efficiency.
- Citymaps Seeks to Disrupt Mapping API Business Model – create a map interface that moves away from using pins to mark places of interest, and to create an API usage model where application developers are rewarded for using Citymaps data, rather than having to pay for the privilege.
- Evercam Goes Open Source – Evercam is a commercial software company. We’ve decided to open source all of our code because we believe it is the best way to achieve our goal.
- Marketing your API – Part 4/5 of Nordic APIs series on APIs.
- Google Now Provides Marketers API for Advanced Browser-Based Content Distribution
- Pinterest Launches Marketing Developer Partner API, Beta Tests Ad API – the API will allow brands to post pictures to the site through their social media management services, instead of using the native Pinterest application.
- How The Guardian is Approaching Hypermedia-Based API Infrastructure – The Guardian is moving to a hypermedia-based API infrastructure.
- Facebook shutting down friends data API – Facebook is shutting down its API that allows users to give their friends’ data to apps.
- Microsoft’s Project Oxford Gives Developers Access To Facial, Image And Speech-Recognition APIs
Upcoming API Events:
- Nordic APIs World Tour 2015 – May 11 – 15. APImetrics will be speaking at the Seattle Event on May 15.
Next week we will have another list, filled with all of the interesting news we can find regarding APIs or the API Economy.