IT teams use a variety of tools to monitor APIs including cloud monitoring tools, traditional application performance monitoring (APM) tools, and dedicated API gateways. Teams also often repurpose web monitoring tools, which can miss some of the critical components of your API solution. APImetrics provides API-native, cloud-native, end-to-end monitoring, the way your customers and stakeholders consume APIs.
Your customers and partners aren’t all in the same cloud, why do you rely on tools that monitor from only one? Understand how cloud and regional factors can impact your performance – see at a glance where there are networking bottlenecks and more with a system that works across every cloud data center from the major providers. You can even put monitors where you need them if our network doesn’t give you the coverage. Total flexibility to see the cloud the way it works.
APImetrics helped us identify significant latency and improve the “lightswitch” experience from more than 7 seconds to 500 milliseconds.
How APImetrics Works
APIs still need API-native performance assurance. Traditional tools do not account for API-specific mechanisms such as API definitions, schemas, OAuth flows, and API keys, which make meaningful performance measurement a challenge.
With the emergence of multi-cloud and edge application architectures, it’s no longer enough to ensure that your APIs are performing behaving as expected on a single cloud platform. You need to monitor your service from where your customers are, in the way they are going to consume your services.
Measure secure, production APIs
- Looks the same as a customer journey
- Easy to test scenarios from different locations and data centers without knowing lots of dev/tooling
- Solves the ‘the customer is complaining but engineering says it’s all fine’ issue
- Run key security checks in production 24/7 with little overhead or technical debt/complexity
- Identify if resources accidentally get opened unexpectedly
- Test FAPI and OAuth scenarios in production without writing lots of code, and leave them running 24/7
- Measure from where your customers have applications not just AWS
- Be ready for a distributed JAMSTACK/SMOKESTACK world
- Understand where best to host, where to help your customers with problems that can be fixed
- Easy to use integrated reporting – create your own reports, see the data you need to see with our AI assisted Insights
- Don’t get the wool pulled over your eyes by teams with their own agendas?
- Get unfiltered access to accurate end-to-end performance metrics that match your customer’s experiences
- Measure Service Levels from where the user of the service is based, not from inside your stack
- End-to-end metrics generated by tooling that isn’t part of service deliver, development or your existing APM stack – builds trust and confidence in metrics
- Designed to work with product security for some of the most secure API stacks in the world in exactly the same way as a Trusted Third Party would use it – imagine having a monitoring surface the equivalent of a Third Party in every data center
Signify Case Study
Signify improved their performance by over 7 seconds in their global IoT network.
Let's Work Together
Learn how we are bringing common standards to API performance with integrated API monitoring, performance assurance and compliance analysis!