APIs are Crucial for Government
Many of the government’s critical IT systems rely on APIs to ensure that operations and missions are successfully met. Failure or disruption of these APIs can result in serious impacts to mission outcomes. That’s where APImetrics comes in.
Governments and government agencies are using APIs for:
Open Data and Agency Developed APIs
APIs play an essential role in delivering valuable data to the public. Data consumers need confidence that the government is dedicated to not only exposing the data, but also to making sure it’s continually accessible. APImetrics help make sure your open data stays open.
Legacy System Modernization
By ensuring fast, easy access to legacy data, APIs can unlock legacy information to integrate with other cloud or modern applications. Leveraging APIs to connect legacy systems can save agencies significant amounts of money by eliminating the need for expensive replacements. APImetrics helps you ensure their performance.
Whether you realize it or not, you are likely interacting with several APIs a day, especially in a ‘cloud-first’ environment. Understanding how these APIs perform can identify bottlenecks and save you from making unnecessary investments based on false positive results.
Internal System Integration and Data Optimization
APIs that sit behind your firewall play a crucial role in sharing mission critical data between systems and with the right stakeholders. Monitoring these can help you find and fix issues proactively so the mission keeps on moving.
Track and monitor what you really need to know
Using our patent pending technology, artificial intelligence, and machine-learning tools, APImetrics provides crucial insights to make sure your APIs meet functional and operational expectations. Whether you consume SaaS solutions or have internally-developed APIs, we help you maintain accountability through an continuous, accurate picture of performance.
Other Government Features:
- Test from the locations where your distributed workforces access the systems — in other words, the locations you and your stakeholders actually use
- Integrated authentication with support for API Keys, OAuth 1.0, OAuth 2.0 and OAuth 2.0+JWS/JWT
- Run from inside the firewall or conduct real world performance monitoring over live networks
- Establish and then track key API SLAs using real data and based on real user experience
- Create custom dashboards for internal and external stakeholders
- Integrate with existing visualization and log tools, such as Splunk, logRhythm and more
Easy to use, with no programming required
API Metrics is easy to set up and use. Easily create tests through a customizable web editor, bulk importer, or the APImetrics API. Tests can run inside your agency’s firewall or in our secure cloud that meets many FISMA and FEDRAMP requirements.