‘Passive’ monitoring through stack tools, API gateways, web focused tools or even ‘in house’ home built systems miss critical issues for your APIs and don’t necessarily provide the assurance you need that services are not only up, but are responding as expected.
Don’t waste time and money hunting for problems. Understand instantly where they come from and how to fix them.
Create any REST or SOAP API multi-step calls:
- Multi-step API calls with variables and content validation
- Handle all forms of authentication natively
- OAuth 1.0, 2.0, JWS and JWT
- SSL Certificate based security
- Set alerts based on a wide range of trigger conditions
- Trigger alerts to all common alerting products
- Integrated reporting on what you need to know not what somebody thinks you do
Global API Monitoring
Understand how your APIs perform from anywhere, any cloud, with our unique network of agents running on application servers from all the leading cloud vendors. If the locations we offer aren’t enough then users can deploy their own anywhere they can run a Linux VM.
- Deploy to any cloud location from AWS, Azure, Google and IBM
- Pick from 74 separate locations
- North America, Canada and Mexico
- Asia-Pacific: Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea
- Deploy on VMs inside your firewall
- Deploy to micro-controller devices like Raspberry Pis for IOT scenarios
API Compliance Analysis
Get detailed reporting automatically generated to provide both internal stakeholders, like management or the CIO office, or external ones like regulators.
Take advantage of our CASC (Cloud API Service Consistency) to see the 70%+ of issues that go undetected by other products.
Active API Security Monitoring
API security is essential but don’t just rely on passive protection, actually monitor and track the key security services you rely on day-to-day.
- Integrated OAuth functionality for secure API sequences
- Verify tokens expire as expected
- Monitor Scope scenarios for active alerts when API access might be exposed
- Verify geo-locks are working as expected
Frequently Asked Questions – API Monitoring
Yes. APImetrics is hosted on a fully SOC compliant platform that meets ISO27001 and other international security standards.
We store active account data for 18 months in instant access storage and indefinitely in cold storage – if you need access to any results or history you can get as long as you’re an active customer.
By removing all identifying information from the benchmarking data we provide you with an indication of our how measure up and rank with similar APIs (by functionality and by industry) – this still allows you to understand how to measure up in terms over overall quality, speed and performance, but you don’t necessarily see the specific services you are being ranked against.
Yes. SOAP APIs are fully supported.
APImetrics supports OAuth 1.0, 2.0 and JWS and JWT natively in the product, including handling scopes and token refresh. Additionally, with workflows you can easily set up custom token provisioning scenarios.
Yes, our agents are designed to allow easy uploading of your TLS certificates for extra call security.
Yes. APImetrics provides webhook based integration into most of the leading monitoring and alerting tools like Slack, Pager Duty, OpsGenie and more. We also provide a generic API for integration into a wider range of products including your own ‘in house’ solutions.
Not directly, APImetrics was designed to tell you how your APIs are working for other people with the security they use from remote locations. You can set up a local agent to run tests from for calls inside your firewall. Just contact us for more information.