Go beyond traditional tools
Traditional ‘passive’ monitoring through stack tools, API gateways, web focused tools or even ‘in house’ home built systems miss critical issues for your APIs and don’t necessarily provide the assurance you need that services are not only up, but are responding as expected.
APImetrics provides a truly enterprise grade API monitoring experience focused on delivering the information our clients need to not just identify potential outages, but understand ALL aspects of API performance.
Don’t waste time and money hunting for problems. Understand instantly where they come from and how to fix them.
ACTIVE API MONITORING
APImetrics generates real traffic from remote application servers hosted on all the major clouds using the same security as your customers use. We then validate the returned content against what was expected, what was mandated and what we see in terms of performance from the results of over a billion API calls made across all parts of the API economy. Understand not just what you’re delivering but how you measure up.
PASSIVE API MONITORING
When you rely on working out how your APIs work by observing the data in other systems, like your stack, gateway, networking tools or other web tools, you’re only passively ensuring things are working. It doesn’t help with external problems, issues when your load is typically low or many other factors that can impact users and developers alike. When we focus on heavily regulated sectors like banking this has the potentially to miss some very expensive problems.
Real, Secure, Multi-step, API Calls
Create any REST or SOAP API multi-step calls:
- Multi-step API calls with variables and content validation
- Handle all forms of authentication natively
- OAuth 1.0, 2.0, JWS and JWT
- SSL Certificate based security
- Set alerts based on a wide range of trigger conditions
- Trigger alerts to all common alerting products
- Integrated reporting on what you need to know not what somebody thinks you do
APImetrics API Monitoring providers unique access to agents placed on real application servers not only around the world, but also, around the public cloud too. Plus, if the locations we offer aren’t enough then users can deploy their own anywhere they can run a Linux VM.
- Deploy to any cloud location from AWS, Azure, Google and IBM
- Pick from 74 separate locations
- North America, Canada and Mexico
- Asia-Pacific: Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea
- Deploy on VMs inside your firewall
- Deploy to micro-controller devices like Raspberry Pis for IOT scenarios
Diagnostics, SLAs, KPIs and more
- Automatic generation of target SLOs based on actual performance
- Integrated benchmarking to other similar types of API in similar industries
- Automated outlier detection based on API monitoring of cloud and location
- Detailed Key performance Indicator (KPI) reports
- Service Level Agreement monitoring and alerting
- Ranking and benchmarking reports against similar APIs in similar sectors
- Automated compliance reporting for regulators
- Daily, weekly and monthly automated emailed reports
Detailed API Analytics
Results are broken down into the key components of the API transaction, showing DNS lookup times, handshake, server processing times including time to first byte delivered.
APImetrics machine learning tools and AI then go to work identifying the issues you’ve missed, potential areas of concern and how you stack up against similar APIs.
Frequently Asked Questions – API Monitoring
Yes. APImetrics is hosted on a fully SOC compliant platform that meets ISO27001 and other international security standards.
We store active account data for 18 months in instant access storage and indefinitely in cold storage – if you need access to any results or history you can get as long as you’re an active customer.
By removing all identifying information from the benchmarking data we provide you with an indication of our how measure up and rank with similar APIs (by functionality and by industry) – this still allows you to understand how to measure up in terms over overall quality, speed and performance, but you don’t necessarily see the specific services you are being ranked against.
Yes. SOAP APIs are fully supported.
APImetrics supports OAuth 1.0, 2.0 and JWS and JWT natively in the product, including handling scopes and token refresh. Additionally, with workflows you can easily set up custom token provisioning scenarios.
Yes, our agents are designed to allow easy uploading of your TLS certificates for extra call security.
Yes. APImetrics provides webhook based integration into most of the leading monitoring and alerting tools like Slack, Pager Duty, OpsGenie and more. We also provide a generic API for integration into a wider range of products including your own ‘in house’ solutions.
Not directly, APImetrics was designed to tell you how your APIs are working for other people with the security they use from remote locations. You can set up a local agent to run tests from for calls inside your firewall. Just contact us for more information.