So, you’re a web developer. You want to create the best website or app possible for your company. You know that the way to do this is through APIs. They transmit the data your company and your customers need back and forth. If you’re not familiar with using and developing APIs here’s some API tutorials you can take a look at.
But the idea of using or developing APIs seems challenging. It can even be a little bit intimidating at first.
Don’t worry. Creating and using APIs doesn’t have to be that hard. In fact, once you get the hang of it, it can be fairly easy. You just have to learn what you need to and then code it into your site.
And you can do it in whatever programming language you are intending to use. Best of all, a lot of the coding has already been written – so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Pre-existing logic and parts can be found and easily incorporated into your code.
We scoured the web and found some of the best API tutorials around that can help you get started.
Find the API tutorial that applies to you and go through it. You’ll be coding and using APIs in no time at all.
- Do you write in Python? Then here’s a Guide to writing a basic API in Python.
- Or maybe you prefer PHP. Here’s a Guide to writing APIs in PHP. It even includes sample code!
- Maybe you like Ruby on Rails. Here’s the tutorial for that!
- Or perhaps you code with Java. Here’s a great guide to using Java to create APIs.
- Finally, if you want to use an Elixir Framework, you can go through this great list of API tutorials.
These are just a few of the API building tutorials available online. None of them will take you that much time to go through. But they will increase your web development skills and help you program faster.
APIs are the present and future of web development. Start learning how to do them right today.
Take a detailed look
Download a detailed introduction to APImetrics and learn how we are bringing common standards to API monitoring with integrated monitoring, performance assurance and compliance analysis!