See Something Missing?
Let us know what API you would like to see in our collection.
Key FEMA API Resources
DNS Nameserver Host: Cloudflare, Inc.
Developer Site: https://developers.africastalking.com/
Postman Collection: https://www.postman.com/api-evangelist/workspace/ringcentral/overview
Open API Specification: TDB
Latest FEMA API News
- Indian gov't official directed Sikh separatist's assassination plot in US, DOJ says | Reuters
An Indian government official directed an unsuccessful plot to assassinate a Sikh separatist on U.S. soil, the U.S. Justice Department said on ...
- Remarks by Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo at the Meeting of the President's Export ...
... U.S. government's approach of seizing the potential that comes with AI while mitigating risk. That includes establishing the U.S. Artificial ...
- Pro-Palestine Facebook post sparks CIA warning - Al Jazeera
The incident illustrates the deep divisions that the war in Gaza has opened up within US government institutions.
FEMA, which is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, was established in 1979. The goal of creating it was to coordinate the government’s response to natural disasters and other emergencies.
With its headquarters situated in Washington, D.C., FEMA also operates numerous regional offices all across America which forms its infrastructure. By appointing an Administrator confirmed by the Senate, the President leads the agency.
The Agency leverages numerous APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to enable its operations, including:
- Disaster declaration information is available through this API. The declaration date and disaster type are included.
- The Disaster Recovery Center API grants you access to data concerning the various assistance centers established for helping those who have suffered from natural disasters.
- Get access to details about how the Agency has granted funds for disaster preparedness, response and recovery efforts in the form of grants through the use of the Grants API.
Ease of use and reliability are two qualities that developers commonly praise in these APIs, which are generally regarded as performing well.
The Agency has adapted to advancements in technology and the evolving nature of emergencies over time. Its attention has shifted from solely natural disasters to encompassing additional emergency types such as terrorist attacks and cyber threats. It has also heightened its focus on preparedness and mitigation prior to disasters.
The response by FEMA to important crises like Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Sandy and the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 have been covered extensively in various news outlets. The way it handled certain disasters and responded quickly and effectively has also come under criticism.
According to our awareness, the Agency hasn’t undergone any notable outages or major security breaches. However, numerous security protocols have been implemented by them to guard against any potential threats regarding the information they collect or maintain.
These include encryption technologies as well as firewall protection along with various intrusion detection systems. It carries out regular audits and assessments to recognize and fix possible weaknesses in its systems.
Ready To Start Monitoring?
Want to learn more? Check out our technical knowledge base, or our sector by sector data, or even our starters guide to the API economy. So sign up immediately, without a credit card and be running your first API call in minutes.