A weekly rundown of all things API! At APImetrics, we love APIs and everything that makes the API Ecosystem what it is. Keep up to date, learn of new tech, or just get some good reading in!
- A Featurette on our Features– More information on our customizable Automated API Monitoring, Sharable Report, Dashboard and our Test Call Scheduler.
From Around the Web:
- Pinterest Welcomes New Apps with Developer API– Pinterest announced today that it’s finally releasing an API for developers, which will enable them to build apps based on Pinterest’s user data.
- How Smart Cities are Promoting API Usage – APIs are increasingly being released by city authorities around the world as a programmatic way for community organizations and businesses to interact with city open data.
- Marvel Has An API For Building Apps Based On Its Comics – Ever wanted to build an awesome app using characters or events from Marvel comics? Now you can, using the coolest API ever made.
- Big News for Developers: Sculpteo Launches API – New API for 3d Printers.
- Cisco bags Cloud API Specialist Tropo – Cisco on Thursday announced it is buying Tropo, a privately held company which specializes in Cloud APIs for voice and text applications.
- Microsoft Announces Preview for Unified API Endpoint for Data in Office Apps – Microsoft today showed off at its Build developer conference a preview for a new application programming interface (API) developers can use to get data out of multiple Microsoft Office apps.
- Success vs. Failure – The Importance of API Metrics – Those who work with APIs have a secret tool (Automated API Monitoring) that can make sense of the hectic world of performance evaluation — metric analysis.
- APIStrat and APIDays Berlin – The Web of APIs Grows! – 3Scale recaps APIStrat and APIDays Berlin.
- Microsoft API Strategy Headlines Build Developer Conference – Summary of Microsoft’s API Strategy from /Build.
Upcoming API Events:
- Nordic APIs World Tour 2015– May 11 – 15. APImetrics will be speaking at the Seattle Event on May 15th,. The Talk will focus on Cloud Performance, using data gathered by our Automated API Monitoring solution.
Next week we will have another list, filled with all of the interesting news we can find regarding APIs, or the API Economy.